CD1 – CLOYD DUFF #1 HARD
Freer Percussion authentic Cloyd Duff #1 replica.
These are the only authentic and licensed reproductions of Duff’s original set of mallets available exclusively from Freer Percussion direct. One of the most imitated American timpani mallet lines in history, this replica version of the Cloyd Duff #1 model features the following:
- 12.2-13mm premium bamboo shaft 15″ long
- Hand finished with four coats of sealer, lathed round butt end and laser engraved logo
- 1″ CNC machined maple core for precision and consistency with slightly rounded edges
- Base felt is a high grade all wool adhesive felt 1mm thick
- Cartwheel covering is hard American felt very tightly sewn, mounted and finished completely by hand by one Amish family with great attention to details. All mallets are vigorously inspected.
This model produces a very clean and clear sound. Easy articulation and clarity in all registers of all timpani regardless of make, model or type of heads. Its sound can be described as staccato, clear, clean and bright yet still of a beautiful quality. A necessity for all students and professional timpanists who desire a mallet that has been used and proven for over 75 years. An incredibly versatile, handmade replica timpani mallet made to last your entire career.